Sunday, August 29, 2010

Peanut, Peanut Butter (and Jam!)

Through my work at the church, I have come to know a wonderful family. We hang out so much that I am starting to feel like we are family! GLD often leaves random phone messages on my cell phone, often with the song of the day. He left one with "the candy man song" in my head on Thursday.... and it wasn't until K (my new unofficially "adopted" younger sister!) and I made cupcakes that evening that the song FINALLY exited my head. Unfortunately, it was replaced by another equally annoying song!

K hung out at my place for a couple of nights and she and I got quite excited about baking and cooking together! After discovering our mutual love of peanut butter, we baked peanut butter and jelly cupcakes. And all that I could think of was the Raffi song that teaches kids how to make PB&J sandwiches.











I have to admit that these cupcakes blur my definition of cupcakes. They follow some of the rules, but break the others. Alas, even I referred to them as "muffins" (though I chalk that up to tiredness). Still, I think they are more cupcake than muffin (but muffin enough that they make a healthy breakfast!).

No comments:

Post a Comment