Friday, June 25, 2010

12 hours of cupcake decorating




So.... 12 dozen cupcakes are indeed insanity. I oscillate between having a total blast and wondering who volunteered for this job! I can tell it's going to be a long night.. my cousin wants hourly updates.... so I will add to this periodically throughout the night.

Cupcake design number 1: Corn on the Cob. It's that time of year - corn on the cob. Betcha these are the sweetest tasting ones you've ever had!

Cupcake design number 2: Fantastic Flowers. Ok, a repeat of a design. They are admittedly stunning though - fiddly and time consuming, but stunning nonetheless!




Project 3: Robot Cupcake Cake. This is the first big cupcake project - it is my custom order. I'm pleased that even the colour of the robot is metallic! Yea! if i am allowed to say it, i think it is beautiful :D This one was more elaborate than I had thought. had to cut out the pieces, then ice them, then coated them in sugar that i dyed grey/black. But hopefully this will make a little soon-to-be-four-year-old happy this weekend!





























Pattern 4: Bake sale pies - as close to pastries as I will venture....









Design # 5: Canada Cupcakes












Whew! 12 hours of cupcakes. Not quite 12 dozen (ran out of steam!). but still have plenty for the sale.

3 comments:

  1. Aha! So I finally got around checking out your blog site, I must say those cupcakes are amazing! My personal faves would be the floral design~ Haha I know my reactions to your cupcakes (sometimes!) isn't as enthusiastic but I truly applaud your creativity. Huzzah~ now I think I know who I am going to contact to make my cupcakes when I open up a cafe house! Consider yourself hired! :p
    Ps. You're right, it's nice to have some day offs and be able to do leisure things~ Don't work too hard. :)
    -Lyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice cupcakes, love the flower ones. Good to see you are blogging again! Keep it up. tc
    Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sun! I haven't talked with you in ages!!!!! I hope all is well with you. I've thought of you often!

    ReplyDelete